The Cap and Hare Homebrew Club Forums   boil kettle
Left Nav Home Register Forums Calendar Masterbrewer Brew Blogs Galleries Members Breweries FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Mark McCurdy

Default German home brew competition

Anyone going to compete in the German Home Brew Competition coming up this summer? Hoping yes. Also hoping that maybe some people are taking on some of the more challenging categories. Would love to learn how to do some of these brews, if anyone would let me tag along and assist. Just getting back into brewing, and thinking some of these styles are not in my wheelhouse -- yet, and looking for options to rectify that situation.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Brian Schoolcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEQMAN View Post
Anyone going to compete in the German Home Brew Competition coming up this summer? Hoping yes. Also hoping that maybe some people are taking on some of the more challenging categories. Would love to learn how to do some of these brews, if anyone would let me tag along and assist. Just getting back into brewing, and thinking some of these styles are not in my wheelhouse -- yet, and looking for options to rectify that situation.
Do you mean our own O'zapft Is! competition or are you talking about another contest?

http://ozapfthomebrew.com/

Oh, and Q Man, check out this thread: http://www.capandhare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751
Old 04-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Mark McCurdy

Default My Bad -- yes Ozapft

Yes I guess I missed fact that Cap and Hare is sponsoring the event, so would presume there will be member active participation. Newbie to club, and likely have a few things left I have to do before formally being considered a member. Just have always been intrigued and to be honest a bit intimidated at brewing German beer and was hoping to find a German beer brewing mentor. Thinking this competition would be a good place to start. any and all input appreciated.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:23 AM
James Lallande

Awards Showcase
Masterbrewer of the Year 
Total Awards: 1

Schooly is your guy. Don't be intimidate, its no different. For lagers you have a few little tricks that make the difference. Temp control, pure O2 and lots of yeast
Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Chris - Big Brew Coord.

And we want you to be available to help judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk