The Cap and Hare Homebrew Club Forums   mash
Left Nav Home Register Forums Calendar Masterbrewer Brew Blogs Galleries Members Breweries FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   The Cap and Hare Homebrew Club Forums » The Cap and Hare » General Beer Chat

Old 02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Robert Scroggs

Default Beer Raffle to benefit family of Officer Sherrard

On February 7th, Richardson Police responded to an active shooter call. Officer David Sherrard was shot and killed at the scene.

One of my Richardson homebrewing friends, Michael Luyckx, has set up a raffle for rare beer from his private collection to encourage donations to the Guns & Hoses fund to assist the family of Officer Sherrard.

Details from Michael:
As most of you are aware by now, the Richardson police department suffered a tragic loss Wednesday night. Officer Sherrard lost his life in the line of duty and as a beer community we can help his family.

Level 1 Raffle: For a contribution (see below how) of $10 you will get one raffle ticket for a chance to get ONE bottle of the following list:
  • 2013 Lakewood Bourbon Barrel Temptress
  • 2013 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
  • 2013 3Fonteinen Oude Gueuze - 375
  • 2015 Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus - 375
  • Westvleteren 12
Level 2 Raffle: For a contribution (see below how) of $50 you will get one raffle ticket for a chance to get ONE of either set:
  • Lakewood Brewing Company Legendary set. One bottle each of the entire Lakewood Brewing Legendary set with the exception of #7: Troll Toll. Due to the high hopping rates of this beer, it didn’t age as gracefully. But it will include the Legendary #1: Brabo’s Cut, #2: Dame du Lac, #3: the Original Goatman, etc… all the way to the recently released #10: Grim Shearer. 9 bottles in all.
  • A Jester King Brewery Fruited set. One bottle each of MvB, Atrial Rubicite, Fen Tao, Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis and O&P. 6 bottles in all.

All bottles come from my personal cellar and have been stored upright in a dark closet, with the exception of the Lakewood Legendary 1-3, which have been stored cold (48°F) since purchase. I have no monetary gain from this raffle. I also have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the breweries whose beers are included in this raffle.

How to enter ?

Make your contribution via the GUNS & HOSES Foundation of North Texas.

Then send your contribution confirmation to RPDRaffle@Belgiantex.com.

Each contribution will be assigned a sequential number. Winners will be drawn via a random number generator on Friday, February 23rd and announced on the DFWLTCB Facebook page and via email. Pick-up will be on Saturday, February 24th in the early afternoon at Braindead Brewing Company. If that doesn’t work, we can work something out, but preferable IP in the Dallas area. For more info, email the address above.

What if I contribute more ?
If you contribute $20, you will get two tickets at tier 1. $60 will get you one at tier 2 and one at tier 1. If you contribute $60 and would rather have six entries at tier 1, please specify so in your email with the receipt. You get the gist.

Who was officer Sherrard ?
Officer David Sherrard was a soft spoken, kind, patient and awesome person. He occasionally performed safety services during our Wednesday evening events at Trinity Fellowship Church, which I attend. He would come listen to the choir practice, quietly accept a plate of food during Wednesday dinners and walk any single ladies to their car to ensure they made it safely to their vehicles.
He is survived by his spouse and two young daughters.

Thank you.
I'll also post the names of the winners in this thread for anyone who isn't a member of the DFWLTCB Facebook page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Officer David Sherrard.jpg (93.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Beer Raffle.jpg (106.4 KB, 8 views)