The Cap and Hare Homebrew Club Forums   hops
Left Nav Home Register Forums Calendar Masterbrewer Brew Blogs Galleries Members Breweries FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Vicki Brown

Send a message via Yahoo to vmbrown
Default Bluebonnet Judging

From Brad Berven, Bluebonnet Director 2018:

Whose ready for Friday Night Flights?

In this corner, judging out of Arlington Texas, He's a BJCP ranked judge with a millennium of experience... Weighing in at slightly a little over 145 lbs, it's The Sovereign!!

His opponent, standing just 9" tall and weighing in at 12 oz... it's... it's... The Masked Barley Avenger!! Or to be determined Friday.

Just Dave, Jimmy, Einar, Kevin and I pulled all of the first round flights tonight. The last of us left the parking lot just before midnight. The flights are ready, are you??

A big thanks to Just Dave, Jimmy, Einar and Kevin for making this possible. Flight pulls is a thankless job and when you're head judge, head steward or our data guru, it just comes with the territory. I want to thank you guys. Sincerely. I appreciate the effort you put into the competition to make this happen.

Now.. the rest of you. Please come out to enjoy the fruits, malts, ciders and meads of our labor. Just Dave will be at Dallas Makers Space a little after 5:00 Friday night to get the judging started. I would appreciate it if everyone could take some time to come out and judge a flight.

If you cannot make it Friday, we will start bright and early Saturday morning. Just Dave - when do you want to get things rolling? 9:00 Saturday morning? Will there be blueberry donuts for the hoards to devour? ("Yes" would be the correct answer in this situation).

For those who have not been out - we're judging at Dallas Maker's Space in Carrollton

1825 Monetary Ln, Suite 104
Carrollton, TX 75006

Take the Valwood exit from I-35 or the Valley View exit from the Tollway - then up to Valwood.

I hope to see everyone there.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Kyle LaPointe

Bluebonnet judging. I wonder if we should give March's raffle tickets based off of judging here. After all, the judging is open to novices and training is provided on site...
Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 PM
stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyCow9 View Post
Bluebonnet judging. I wonder if we should give March's raffle tickets based off of judging here. After all, the judging is open to novices and training is provided on site...

How about we make it the April raffle based on the entirety of BBO judging being completed.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Kyle LaPointe

I like that. Since some of the second round judging will fall in March. Good idea Stan. So March raffle will be based off of... SOMETHING ELSE!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Chris Crowley

Send a message via Skype™ to Catholickid

March raffle based on online (forum and facebook) interactions!
Blaecorn Unidragon Clone (9.98%) 12oz, Traditional Dry Mead (~10%) 2.5g keg, Strawberry Pear Cider (5%) 22oz, BBQ Blonde (6.6%) 12oz, Summer Ale (6.7%) 12oz, Salvage Rights wheat wine (8.5%) 12oz,
Old 02-09-2018, 09:55 PM
All-Grain Brewer

Talking

I'll be there!
Old 02-11-2018, 02:57 PM
John Mosher

Send a message via Yahoo to winebully

What time is judging on Saturdays?
Old 02-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Brian Schoolcraft

Judging is 6-9pm on Fridays and 9am - 2pm-ish on Saturday's.

Even if you have never judged before come out, we will show you the ropes.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Kyle LaPointe

So all judging sits give a 0.5 point for BJCP judging. If you are on the list at the end of Bluebonnet you will be in the April raffle. 1 ticket per session sit. We need the help, so we hope to see you out this Friday and Saturday. If you need to carpool speak up! I can easily take four people next Saturday, and it is very common to hook up an ride out together.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM
All-Grain Brewer

What constitutes a session sit? Getting through a flight or if you were there that day?