The Cap and Hare Homebrew Club Forums   grain
Left Nav Home Register Forums Calendar Masterbrewer Brew Blogs Galleries Members Breweries FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Old 11-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Kyle LaPointe

Default Bluebonnet Brew-Off Brew Schedules

Hey guys. Is anyone planning to brew beer to enter into Bluebonnet? It is late in the brewing season for a competition that turns in in January, but many styles can still be brewed. For those of you who have never done a "brew schedule" for a competition it can be a fun thing. Does anyone have a brew schedule that they can link to show what I am talking about?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:44 AM
Craig Gilbreath

Not a calendar tailored to competition per say, but it gives good lead times for styles.

http://www.homebrewing.com/images/ho...calendar-l.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf home-brewing-calendar-l.pdf (1.25 MB, 20 views)
Old 11-29-2017, 07:55 AM
Kyle LaPointe

That is a great resource. I lump my beers into windows. 6 weekers, 8 weekers, 10 weekers, etc. That way I know what can be brewed for a future time frame without any research and can brew a batch for competition without fuss.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 AM
James Lallande

Awards Showcase
Masterbrewer of the Year 
Total Awards: 1

That is a good way to think about it. Add in 3 weekers. over half, and closer to 75% of the beer styles can be made before December 31st and be ready for BBO. I will spend a great deal of the holiday work break making as much as possible; time to load up and get entries ready
Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Brian Schoolcraft

I have put together a brew schedule in the past, but I'm slacking again this year, too many competing priorities. However, I have laid out a calendar specifically for Bluebonnet, scheduling when to brew based on pitching yeast slurry from a previous batch to step up the amount of yeast for bigger beers. I'll typically brew a Helles or Vienna, followed by an Octoberfest, and finally a Doppelbock. If my other freezer is open, I will do the same for ales.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Chris Crowley

Send a message via Skype™ to Catholickid

I have one starting today, one in secondary, one already bottled and some mead ready to go already, so yes.
Bottled/Conditioning:
Blaecorn Unidragon Clone (9.98%) 12oz, Traditional Dry Mead (~10%) 2.5g keg, Strawberry Pear Cider (5%) 22oz, BBQ Blonde (6.6%) 12oz, Summer Ale (6.7%) 12oz, Salvage Rights wheat wine (8.5%) 12oz,